Hand-operated with an Energy Recovery System for easier pumping
Compact, lightweight and durable
Self-cleaning filtering membrane
As the smallest hand-operated emergency desalinator in the world, the Survivor 06 uses reverse osmosis to remove dissolved salts from seawater by filtering it through a semipermeable membrane. Only 10% of water passes through the membrane while the remaining 90% flows past the membrane and cleans. The small size of the membrane’s pores ensures extremely pure drinking water when it counts. Katadyn’s Energy Recovery system takes advantage of stored energy in the high-pressure reject water that is typically wasted. This pressurized reject water is recirculated to the back side of the piston to aid the next stroke, storing energy in the system so there’s less work to get fresh water. Compact, lightweight and durable for an extremely reliable and long life. Trusted by militaries and travelers around the globe. Recommended to support one to six people; great for emergency life rafts and individual survival kits. Rejects an average of 98.4% of salt from seawater. Weight: 2.5 lbs. Dimensions: 5"H x 8"W x 2.5"D. Filter rate: Approximately 1 quart per hour at 40 pumps per minute.